As we embark on a new year, it’s important to reflect on the lessons we’ve learned and how we can apply them to our businesses in the future. From the importance of setting clear goals to the value of building a strong support system, these are the lessons that have helped me grow and succeed as an entrepreneur. I hope they inspire and guide you on your own journey.
1. It’s up to you to determine what success looks like, and you don’t have to make six figures to be successful.
2. I don’t have to burn myself out to make more money.
3. It’s more than okay to raise my prices from time to time. I’m a better designer and entrepreneur than I was this time last year and my clients benefit from my knowledge.
4. Being able to say ‘no’ to a project is a privilege, but trusting my gut has been something I had to learn over the years.
5. People want to see the real you on social media.
6. It’s good to take a break from social media, and nothing will happen if you don’t post for a few weeks.
7. Hiring can be scary. Reading through applications, holding interviews, having to say no, delegating tasks once you hire… But it’s all part of the process of growing a business.
8. Having a flexible schedule doesn’t mean not having a routine.
9. You can learn so much for free. There’s a reason why my screen time app says I spent 12 hours on YouTube last week – it’s my favorite platform and there’s so much good content there that actually helps you improve both soft and hard skills.
10. Enjoy your hobbies without thinking of making money from them. Take part in an activity for the sake of having fun.
11. My objectives may change throughout the year, and I may have to restart some processes to meet them.
12. I’m absolutely on the right path. ✨
Watch it on YouTube: